It’s really cold here in North East Pennsylvania today, and I am in desperate need of going to the grocery store. But the cold weather won and I’ve decided to stay inside.
I wanted something warm & yummy for lunch today, so I went looking in my fridge to see what I could throw together. That’s how I came up with the Spaghetti Squash Italian Bake I’m posting today. I hope you enjoy it.
**Please keep in mind, I threw this together from what I had in the fridge, so measurements are made at a guesstimate, you can adjust the recipe as needed, for your own taste.**
Spaghetti Squash Italian Bake
- ½ of a prepared Spaghetti Squash (mine was already baked from a previous nights’ dinner)
- ½ cup of browned hamburger
- ½ cup of Bell Pepper (I had a red one in the fridge, but you could use whatever you have on hand)
- ¼ cup of chopped Scallions
- ½ cup of Spaghetti sauce (of your choice, I had some left over in the fridge)
- ½ cup to 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used a white cheddar, but this would be good with whatever you have on hand)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
Heat oven to 350 & butter the inside of a baking dish
Mix together squash, hamburger, bell pepper, scallions, salt, pepper, garlic powder and spread out into the baking dish.
Sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese over the squash mixture, then pour spaghetti sauce over the cheese/squash mixture and top it off with the remaining cheese. (I really like cheese, so I was very liberal in this last step)
Bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted & bubbly
Serves 1-2 people, and you could always double to serve more.