In my search for low-carb side dishes, I came across this awesome recipe for these Baked Parmesan Tomatoes. They are great to pair with a delicious steak or chicken meal. I’ve even made them for lunch as the main dish. They are quick to make and have a ton of flavor.
Our local farmer’s market has some really good tomato choices, I often get a few large beef steak tomato when I’m going to use them as a main dish, or if I’m using them as a side, I will use tomatoes on the vine. The fresher the tomato, the more delicious these will be.
I hope you make them tonight and get to enjoy them as much as we do!!
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 gfiber; 375 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Nutrition Note: What you get: Vitamins A & C, potassium, calcium.